Clothing List for T-shirt Quilts
What clothing items can I use in my T-shirt Quilt?
As a Sports Mom I know that you have saved more than just T-shirts for your student-athlete's quilt.
You probably saved jerseys and sweatshirts which have different thicknesses and different amounts of stretch.
It all can be used!
In fact, I love to use other types of clothing because it adds interest and texture to the finished quilt.
Here is a list of clothing items that can be added:
- Sports Jerseys - including stretchy Dri-Fit shirts and mesh shirts
- Sweatshirts, hoodies, hooded sweatshirts, sweatpants and terry towels. even though these items are thicker than a t-shirt they can be used.
- Clothing with buttons and zippers like baseball/softball jerseys, hockey jerseys, polo shirts and zip front sweatshirts
- Athletic shorts, sweat jackets and tank tops
- Emblems or Patches and hat fronts
- Adding plaid flannel pants, Tie Dye tees and other items with a printed or stripe design can be used in small amounts and add interest and a little Pop to the finished quilt.
- Adding 1-2 baby or toddler items is a great sentimental way to remember how small your student-athlete once was.
- Not sure if it can be used - Just ask. My quilt customers have come up with some of the best clothing ideas!